19 June, 2014

College Graduate with One Paper Left

I graduated college and traveled the world...in the space of a month. I cannot believe sometimes that I ate my peanut butter and jelly sandwich while staring up at the Big Ben in London or that I carried my suitcase up a thousand steps in Edinburgh or that I slammed my leg into a rock in Galway, Ireland. Wait, I can believe that last one happened because I still have the throbbing shin and bruise to prove it. ;)

Even though I'm a college graduate, I have one last paper to write. My trip fulfilled my cross-cultural requirement, but I need to write the paper about my experiences and email it to my professor. I'm still succeeding at majoring in procrastination. I've been home for a little over a week and I'm avoiding that paper. If I don't write it, then I won't be a college graduate. I won't have to deal with the realities facing me: no job yet, student loans, the GRE, and grad school applications to submit.

But I will write the paper. I will write about the amazing experiences which words cannot fully describe. I graduated. I traveled five different countries. I turn 23 in one month. On to new adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment